If you are not highly educated in any field or have any high-end qualifications and experience, you have come to the right place! Peaches Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreigners is the best job opportunity for such unskilled job seekers who want to work and settle in New Zealand.
We always search hard and up to the fullest to bring the best career opportunities for everyone. We serve you with a hundred percent authentic job offers that cost nothing to apply.
You don’t have to roam over the internet in your search for jobs, you can apply directly for those jobs by clicking on the links given in the bottom section of every post and can find more vacancies for the same job role.
Overview of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand
Peaches are grown from Mid-July to Mid-September in New Zealand. Peaches are grown all over New Zealand with Auckland being the largest producer and Canterbury being the second largest. To state an interesting factor, August is the national peach month.
Popular New Zealand Peach varieties in ripening order include Crimson Peaches, Harrow Diamond Garnet Beauty, Early Redhaven, Redhaven, Vivid, Loring, and Harrow Beauty.
By looking at the statistics above, you can easily estimate the job market and job opportunities for Peach producers and Peach Farm Workers.
Peach-picking jobs in New Zealand offers a unique opportunity for foreigners to work in the country’s thriving agricultural industry while enjoying the stunning landscapes and warm hospitality.
Each year, during the peach harvesting season, farms across New Zealand seek temporary workers to help with the picking and packing of delicious peaches.
Peach-picking jobs are ideal for those who enjoy outdoor work and want to experience the beauty of New Zealand’s rural areas. It is a physically demanding job that requires stamina, but it also offers a rewarding experience and the chance to connect with nature and a diverse community of fellow workers.
Benefits of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreigners
Peach-picking jobs in New Zealand for foreigners offer a range of benefits that make the experience even more rewarding. Here are some of the common perks and advantages provided by employers:
- Visa Sponsorship/Procurement Assistance: Employers often assist foreign workers in securing the necessary visas and handling the paperwork, making it easier to work legally in New Zealand.
- Relocation Support: Employers may provide support with relocation, helping workers settle into their new environment and providing guidance on housing and other logistics.
- Accommodation and Meals: Many employers offer free or subsidized accommodation near the job site, reducing the cost of living for workers. Some may also provide free or discounted meals, ensuring that workers have access to nutritious food.
- Transport Programs: Some employers have subsidized transport programs, offering transportation to and from the job site or providing assistance with commuting arrangements.
- Attractive Salary Package: Peach-picking jobs in New Zealand can offer competitive hourly wages, with rates ranging from NZD 15-20 per hour, depending on factors such as experience and location.
- Employee Benefits: Long-term employees and farm workers may have access to additional benefits, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and social benefits provided by the employer.
- Medical Insurance: All employees and farm workers are typically covered by medical insurance during their stay in New Zealand. This insurance covers expenses related to medical treatment, injuries, and accidents, ensuring that workers have access to necessary healthcare services.
The Average Salary of a Peach Picker in New Zealand
The average Salary of an entry-level peach picker depends upon many other factors except his experience like where he is employed, employer’s salary rules, location, shift timing, etc. However, according to SEEK, The average pay for a peach picker in New Zealand averages around NZD 27,719- NZD 30,225 a year or between NZD 18 per hour.
As this employer is paying you an hourly rate of NZD 15-20, in light of these survey statistics (gathered from random employers and employees all over New Zealand), this employer is paying you fairly.
Job Responsibilities of a Peach Picker
- Picking peaches from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the peaches in the respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning grape trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning peaches from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten peaches.
Requirements to be Eligible for Visa Sponsorship
The requirements to be eligible for visa sponsorship for peach picking jobs in New Zealand may vary depending on the specific visa program and the employer. However, here are some general requirements that applicants may need to fulfill:
- Valid Passport: You will need a valid passport from your home country with an expiration date that extends beyond the duration of your intended stay in New Zealand.
- Job Offer: You must have a job offer from a New Zealand employer for a peach-picking position. The employer should be willing to provide visa sponsorship.
- Work Visa Application: You will need to apply for the appropriate work visa to legally work in New Zealand. This typically involves completing the visa application form, providing the necessary documents, and paying the required fees.
- Health and Character Checks: You may be required to undergo medical examinations and provide evidence of good health. Additionally, you may need to provide a police clearance certificate or undergo character checks to ensure you meet the country’s requirements.
- Age and Language Requirements: Some visa programs may have age restrictions or language proficiency requirements. It’s important to check the specific requirements of the visa program you are applying for.
- Financial Sufficiency: You may need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in New Zealand, including accommodation, transportation, and daily expenses.
- Employer’s Support: The employer offering the job and visa sponsorship should be willing to support your visa application and provide any necessary documentation or information required by immigration authorities.
It’s important to note that visa requirements can change, and it’s recommended to consult the official website of the New Zealand government or seek advice from an immigration professional to ensure you have the most up-to-date and accurate information for your specific circumstances.
Available Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Workers
1. Peach Picker/ Fruit Picker/ Backpacker
- Employer’s Name: The Yummy Fruit Company
- Location: New Zealand.
- Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time.
- Expected Salary: Up to NZD 15-20 per hour.
- There is no minimum education requirement, but candidates having a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma are demanded by some employers.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or 19 in some New Zealand provinces like Wellington.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but having at least an experience of one year is demanded by some firms.
- Candidate must have a clean criminal background to work legally in New Zealand.
- Candidate must go through a health checkup before immigration.
- The candidate must be able to work legally in New Zealand, and he must meet all immigration
Frequently Asked Questions on Peach-Picking Jobs in New Zealand
1. What is the Peach Growing season in New Zealand?
Peaches are grown from mid-July to mid-September.
2. Is education or experience necessary for peach-picking jobs in New Zealand?
No. education or experience is not compulsory.
3. What is the average salary of a peach picker in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers?
NZD 16- NZD 18
4. What are common visa options available for peach pickers in New Zealand?
Seasonal Worker Visa/ Working Holiday Visa.
5. What is the best New Zealand Province to work as a Peach Picker?
Peach-picking jobs in New Zealand offers several benefits and opportunities for foreigners seeking employment in the agricultural industry. With visa sponsorship and assistance, relocation support, and accommodations provided by many employers, it becomes easier for individuals to pursue these job opportunities.
The average salary for peach pickers in New Zealand ranges from NZD 27,719 to NZD 30,225 per year or approximately NZD 18 per hour. However, it’s important to consider various factors such as location, employer policies, and working conditions when evaluating the overall value of the job.
As with any job, it’s recommended to thoroughly research and understand the specific requirements, responsibilities, and benefits associated with peach-picking jobs in New Zealand before making any decisions.